Thursday 10 April 2014

Welcome to AAA Cards and Crafts






Hi all. This is my first venture into the world of blogging and I thought this card was appropriate. Here's hoping that you all like what I put on here and share it with your friends.

This card is made using the concept of hybrid crafting. That is a mixture of CD crafting and messy crafting to give a very special look. The backing paper is from a Papermania CD and tinted with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The sentiment is a Hunky Dory die cut and is again tinted with distress inks, as is the ribbon.A very simple yet effective look.

This style, although not steampunk, is the aged and distressed look that I love to work with.

When I get going I will start to join some of the comps out there and see if you guys really do like what I do!

Thanks for looking.

Ange x

10 comments:

  1. Fabby card ... Loving the distressed feel, hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland! A fab way to start. And we have something in common - we can't eat at the dining table either ;)

    Hugs. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous.i love your vintage design and colours.welcome to blogland ;D
    i have hopped over to your blog via juls and am now following you on bloglovin :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogland.. your card is fabulous and has a lovely vintage feel about it!
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS... I used to live in Ormskirk - not to far away from you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely background on your card Angela. You'll have a great time in blogland and make lots of new crafty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped over from Juls to say hello and welcome to blogland, you'll love it here! Great first card, love the vintagey look. Can't wait to see some of your steampunk, which I love too but can't really pull it off!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Angela, and a big welcome to blogland (I am coming over from Juls) Have fun crafting!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Juls sent me over, glad I came to see your great card. Have fun in blogland, it's a fabulous community to be in and I love steampunk too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to blogland Angela and with such a beautiful card too! The distressing looks fab and the papers are so pretty :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete